An epic trek around the Isle of Wight to raise funds for motor industry benevolent fund BEN is being undertaken by two board directors from the Vehicle Remarketing Association.
Sam Watkins, Commercial Director, Manheim Vehicle Services, part of the Cox Automotive Vehicle Solutions Division and Kathy Horsey, Client Services Director of BCA will be completing a 54km #bringiton4BEN coastal route around the island on May 2nd and 3rd.
They are part of a team of prominent motor industry women who are taking part in the event that also includes:
- Kate Cooper-Griffiths, National Sales Manager, Enterprise Rent A Car
- Carol Jones, Head of Indirect Procurement, FirstBus
- Parvathi Sankar, Senior Legal Counsel, BMW Group UK & Ireland
- Jacqui Barker, Director and Digital Consultant, Emotive Resources Ltd
- Louisa Bell, UK General Manager, Avis Budget Group
- Amanda Hook-Brown, Corporate Operations Strategy Manager, BMW Group UK
- Lesley Slater, ex Operations & Business Development Director, LeasePlan UK
- Sarah Easton, Director, Automotive Software Solutions
Calling themselves the “Lilies” they have also completed other fundraising ventures such as Edinburgh Moonwalk and the Winter Walk half marathon
Sam, who is also chair of the VRA, which represents organisations involved in the remarketing of 1.5m cars and vans every year, said: “As everyone in the motor industry knows, BEN is a tremendously worthwhile cause and we are aiming to raise as much as possible from this event.
“All of the Lillies team have been training hard and we’d urge everyone who knows us across the industry on an individual or corporate basis to sponsor us, whether with amounts large or small. Every donation helps.”
To sponsor the Lilies team, please visit https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/sj1969.